Once Upon

Once Upon

Friday, 11 December 2015

Right, here's the thing....
The urge to scribble things down on this blog departed a while ago ( following an initial flurry of activity ), so things have lain dormant for a while now because it gradually occurred to me to be a bit pointless and, well, self indulgent, to be honest.
I have to admit that at first I rather liked the idea of revealing my as yet, undiscovered but clearly undoubted and soon to be celebrated literary skills to the people of earth, whether they wanted them or not, and I do still secretly enjoy the actual process of writing down the words of my choice in an order of my preference. It strikes me as a mildly creative way  of showing off really......but unfortunately, the effort involved in actually thinking of something worth writing about became a bit of a chore.....and I found I was weirdly forcing myself to produce a post as a sort of obligation..........to what?......and to whom?....not that any of it mattered anyway....and the few, very few, very very few folk who looked at my missives were an indication that maybe it was a bit of a waste of time.....especially if I myself was getting nothing out of it ....
Daft.
Anyway,
Despite that,  it seems that the urge to sprout on about stuff has unexpectedly returned, unannounced and out of the blue......

My active life-long interest in yer "naytcha" and outdoorsy things...( with an unhealthy side dish of cod philosophy and half- baked opinion, musings and random thoughts) may again prompt me to put pen to paper (!)....er, finger to touch- screen, and inflict some errant ramblings upon the general populace.
Be warned.........I've been out and about, as is my want, walking and adventuring in the hills and vales of this fair province....I've taken on an allotment despite having no discernable interest in ' gardening '.....I've had a shift of emphasis in my so called " working " life.....which comes as a bit of a surprise to me, as I was looking forward to not have a 'working' life at all.....and, most worryingly of all, I have been doing some of that there thinking........so all in all, I should have fodder enough to give me reason to blog. Watch, as they say, this space....

No comments: