Once Upon

Once Upon

Saturday 23 January 2016

Besmirched Birch


Stop press.  You know how I mentioned that I had valiantly 'taken on' an allotment plot, yes, remember?....ok..one of the attractive features of this particular patch of ground was it's position next to the river and that it enjoyed partial dappled shading courtesy of a rather fine Silver Birch tree standing elegantly in one corner...a natural feature I really liked....(just like the one in the picture above)....well....the enlightened folk of the Allotment Committee took it into their heads to destroy the Silver Birch....and had it chopped down. 30 odd years of beautiful tree annhialated in a blink of an eye....gone....forever. No consultation or anything. "Root invasion on veg growing ".  "damaging shade".....It was only my particular plot that it affected for goodness sake...and I didn't mind at all.....I liked it....and planned growing stuff that would thrive in partial shade......and roots were not a problem.......water for all, and no physical presence interfering with my meadow plants.   Pah, I say....and Pah again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. Once Upon... has been added to our new Site Directory, SiteHoundSniffs.com. Its linked header is under All, Daily Life, Land/Sea/Skyscapes, Photoraphy and the United Kingdom. In essence, SiteHoundSniffs is just a grander version of an individual’s blogroll or favorite sites list. Please email me at jerryebeuterbaugh@sitehoundsniffs.com if you want more details or have the site removed. I am sorry for failing to find a way to contact you privately.